cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Saturday 26 October 2013

What's on your Fall 2013 wishlist? (Part One)

It’s finally our favourite time of the year again: FALL! Granted, it’s not that obvious in Singapore: no changing colours of the leaves and no drop in temperature. Instead of fall, we get the monsoon season. Raindrops fall from above instead of beautiful orange-hued leaves. That being said, it’s the spirit of Fall that is important! Why not bring autumn to yourself by celebrating some of the wonderful things that you can do in fall?  To get in the spirit, we've decided to create a wishlist: 10 things I want to get/do this Fall. This post will be in 2 parts since it’s pretty long. First up, Christine’s wishlist!

1. A black knit sweater

Sweaters are the number one essential item for Fall. One simply can't survive Fall without the classic sweater. To accommodate the fickle-minded weather in Singapore, I have been looking for a open knit sweater. Black because it is the easiest colour to match.
Taken from: http://www.polyvore.com/zadig_voltaire_master_open-knit_sweater/thing?id=44081350

This is most similar to what I have in mind.

2. A pair of green boots

Green, any shade, is en pointe this season. The very first pair of olive boots I saw was at Charles & Keith. It was love at first sight. The perfect green. The perfect heel height. The perfect cut-off point. Then I looked into the shoes. It was not perfect anymore. Not with those fleece-lined insoles in Singapore. I'm still searching for the perfect pair.


Taken from: http://www.charleskeith.com

The ill-fated pair from Charles & Keith.

3. Leather Jacket

Who doesn't like leather jackets? Okay, don't answer that.
Anyway, leather jackets are also one of the essentials for Fall. It simply spices up the whole outfit: pair it with girly dresses to give an edge to your look or simply go for the rocker biker chic look with dark skinny jeans, white fitted shirt and combat boots!

Image 1 of MuuBaa Reval Lambs Leather Jacket with Buckle Detail on Neck and HemImage 1 of Pull&Bear Leather Biker JacketImage 1 of MuuBaa Ombre Dip Dye Lambs Leather Jacket

All taken from: asos.com
All are also out of my price range.



4. Pumpkin Spice Latte

Which sadly is not available in Singapore :( One day, I'll visit USA, just for a taste of this elusive and highly-loved Starbucks drink. And do some outlet shopping at the same time.

[no photos because Singapore doesn't offer this :( ]


5. Salvatore Ferragamo's Signorina eau de parfum

Fall means new perfume! This has a rather sweet smell and the strongest scent I can discern is rose.


Eau de Parfum
Taken from:http://www.ferragamosignorina.co.uk/signorina-collection.htm

Top note: Red currant & pink pepper
Middle note: Jasmine, peony and rose
Base note: Patchouli, panna cotta, musk

Disclaimer: I have sinus; my nose is not fully functional. Also, I love sweet things. So this perfume definitely hits the right notes with me! :)


6. Krispy Kreme doughnuts!

It's so unhealthy but I can't resist! I've yet to visit the newly opened store at Tangs though. Soon, my glazed babies!

[Visit http://krispykreme.sg/ or their twitter @KrispyKremeSIN for more information!]


7. Anything plaid: Plaid pants (H&M), flannel shirt, plaid bag, plaid scarf

Fall, meet Plaid. 
Plaid, meet Fall. 
That's all.


8. (p)Leather jeggings

Pleather jeggings are probably a better option than genuine leather jeggings in Singapore. The humidity will just "sauna-fied" those legs of yours. Which is not a bad thing, really, for my thighs and calves, but I can't stand the heat.


Image 1 of MOTORBIKE LEGGINGS from Zara Image 1 of LEATHER STUDIO TROUSERS from Zara Image 1 of FAUX LEATHER TROUSERS from Zara

All taken from: zara.com


9. Fall manicure!

I haven't the time to do any self-manicure since the start of school. I just need one day, or one night even, to do it.
Colours to try: Oxblood, Navy Blue, Deep Purple, Metallics and Holographics.

(side note: I've yet to find a polish that gives off the silver nail foil look without actually using the silver foil).


10. For Singapore to really have Fall weather

I guess I can continue dreaming then.
  

Check back tomorrow for El's wishlist! :)

Till next time.
Love,

Christine and El   xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...