cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Sunday 20 April 2014

Sunday Style Showdown | MONOCHROME

Hello everyone!
For this week's SSS, we're challenging the all-season style - Monochrome!

If you want a dictionary definition here's one!

Monochrome(adj): being or made in the shades of a single color;
having the images reproduced in tones of gray.
(definition from Dictionary.com)

Without further ado, scroll down and have a look!
The MONOCHROME Showdown
El Christine

I thought it would be nice to do something besides the classic black+white monochrome look. Thus, my monochrome look comprises shades of red. Why red? That's because it's one of my favourite colors and therefore, I have lots of red stuff. Many people say horizontal stripes are fattening but I think if you make certain adjustments, it'll be ok. Like in my outfit, I decided to 'block off' the side of my body with a solid colored vest so that the stripes don't 'expand' the sides of my body. The vest gives me a body shape, and it also adds this boho/hipster vibe; perfect for visiting a place like Haji Lane (where this photo was taken). I wore shorts just because the weather has been so hot lately. I end the outfit with my usual pair of Converse (I love those pair way too much, I know).

I am simple-minded. You tell me Monochrome, I give you black and white.
So there.
I have to say, I love, love, love the skirt I'm wearing. It is high-waisted, structured and in an A-line shape: perfect for the stumpy, curvy me. And it has a really pretty white lace print on a black background, not to mention it's in white. Very spring indeed.
To give the outfit some depth and character, I paired the skirt with a knitted slouchy top. This gives it a chill factor; perfect for going shopping, brunch and a girl's night out! If it's too warm out for a knitted top, change it to one made of chiffon to match a structured bottom. Just remember to keep the top flowy and slouchy for contrast.




My arm candy for this outfit includes my favourite red leather+metal strap which I like for its grunge look. Then there's my orange/red bracelets from H&M that I added to brighten things up a 'lil, because most of the outfit was entrenched in deep red.

I am going to talk more about my amazing white skirt. Did I mention it has pockets? No? Okay, I am mentioning it now -- The wonderful skirt has pockets too! It's a total bonus when skirts (and dresses for that matter) has pockets! Plus, the lace details are noticeable enough from afar (pretty swirly pattern) yet subtle enough for multiple uses. Just know that j'adore la jupe.
Also, shoutout to the cutout boots. Ain't it a pretty mint? *winks*

El's Outfit Details
Striped Shirt: Lowry's Farm
Shorts: Cotton On
Red Vest: Thrifted from my aunt
Shoes: Converse Red leather strap: Hong Kong
Orange bracelets: H&M


Christine's Outfit Details
Knitted Top: H&M
White Lace Skirt: Nastygal
Cutout Boots: Senso via Nastygal
Necklace: Shop from Haji Lane
Assorted rings: H&M, gifted
Watch: Fossil
Sunnies: Fossil


Who won this time round? Which of our Monochrome interpretation did you like most?
Tell us your thoughts via these channels and don't forget to use #SSS!
1. Comment in the box below!
2. Tweet us your response @ChapalangGirls
3. Find us on Facebook @The Chapalang Way

Or show us how you rock Monochrome on Instagram and tag us or use #SSS! (Christine's and El's)

We would love to hear from you! :)

Till next time
Love,
El and Christine xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...