cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Sunday 29 June 2014

Sunday Style Showdown | Tropical Bonanza

Continuing the trend of summer themed Sunday Style Showdown, we're going TROPICAL this week! Scroll down to check out what we've come up with! If you're interested to see the previous summer themed #SSS looks, click on the links below!:
#SSS: Look Up
#SSS: Summer Loving

The TROPICAL BONANZA Showdown
El Christine
forever
pull&bear skirt, tropical inspired style, plus size fashion, sunday style showdown, #sss, outfit idea, neon top pairing
When I think of tropical, I think of bright colours and flowers! There's also swaying palm trees, gentle breezes... Hence this dress fits the idea of tropical fever for me! I love the hi-lo cut which will capture any slight breeze that blows by. Plus, the cutting will make my legs still look long even though I'm wearing a long dress! I absolutely love this dress which looks like flowers were painted on. Despite the brightness of the dress, there's still a softness to the look thanks to the flowy skirt and the way the flowers are printed on the dress. If you Google tropical images, you will get palm trees, beaches and more palm trees. Hence, cue my background! Hehe.
The neoprene-like skirt is the foundation of my outfit - with the various flowers prints, it looks pretty tropical to me. The cutting of the skirt is also very flattering for people with a curvy figure - An A-line cut that is fitted on the top but has box pleats half way down. If you follow our #SSS, you know that I love my structured skirts.
I wanted to let the skirt shine but at the same time, I didn't want to use a plain white tee for that purpose. So, I paired it with a plain bright pink shirt! It's summer so, let's all inject some colour into our lives :)
Shades are a definite must when the weather is so sunny! I picked a pair with blue tinted lens so it'll match the dress compared to the conventional black. For accessories, I kept it simple with a bracelet made up of seashells and a wooden beads bangle. Mostly things derived from nature to go along with the tropical feel. Love love love the muted colour scheme of the skirt - looks as if it is a water colour painting! I really like the material used for the skirt as well - A thin neoprene-like material. I chose a white statement necklace to balance the prints on the skirt and to complement the colour of the skirt.
El's Outfit Details
Dress: Forever 21
Shoes: Guangzhou
Wooden beads bangle: South Africa
Seashell Bracelet: A Gift
Blue Tinted Lens: Isetan
Christine's Outfit Details
Top: H&M
Skirt: Pull & Bear
Necklace: F21
Rings: Random shops Shoes: Rad Russel

How did you find our outfits? Which do you prefer?
Tell us your thoughts via these channels and don't forget to use #SSS!
1. Comment in the box below!
2. Tweet us your response @ChapalangGirls
3. Find us on Facebook @The Chapalang Way

Show us how you do tropical on Instagram and tag us or use #SSS! (Christine's and El's)

Till next time
Love,
El and Christine xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...