cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Wednesday 23 July 2014

~Beauty Myths Experiment Diary~ Will drinking 8 cups of water a day really give me good skin? | Week 4

Guess what guys!
We've made it! Finally it's the last week of testing the myth that drinking 8 cups of water a day will give us good skin, in the Beauty Myths Experiemt Diary series
From struggling to drink 2l a day to drinking more than 2l a day with ease, these past 4 weeks have been an interesting water experience. If you haven't already, check out our previous posts for the week-by-week breakdown of our water journey -->> Week 0, Week 1, Week 2 and Week 3!

With that aside, let's see just how our skin has fared after 4 weeks! :)


Will drinking 8 cups of water a day really give me good skin?!

Picture
Christine

El


Current Skin Condition
I jinxed it. Got a few pimples popping out :( I also don't see any changes with pore size when I wake up.
Well my skin is back to amazing again, and definitely better than when I started the experiment. Not sure if it's thanks to the rash cream my Dr gave me but I've got barely any pimples after my rash gone off. My skin texture is back to being good.
Signs of Pimples Okay, this has to be the weirdest place to have a pimple - on my eyelid. I don't know how it happened but I think it was due to an ingrowth eyebrow so...probably nothing to do with water. That aside, I think my period pimples are popping out again. (I paid attention this time!! haha) either that, or I over-exfoliated >.< One or two tiny white pimples which are easily rid of.
Hydration Definitely hydrated :) My skin's now is less dry than last week. However, there's still a tight feeling there because I haven't been sny moisutriser beside my aloe vera gel.
Oil Control Haven't blotted, won't be starting anytime soon. My skin is less oily now. Only need to blot once a day.
Other Comments I am happy (no more multiple toilet trips in an hour) and sad (it's our last post) at the same time. 1 month passes so fast. Here's what I think so far:
I'm not 100% satisfied with how my face condition is right now as I was hoping that drinking 2l of water a day will help prevent pimples from popping out but I guess I had too high an expectation. Regardless, I do find that my pimples do heal faster and scarring fades quicker doing the experiment. Sadly though, I don't think the water helped in tightening my pores - they still look as big as ever.

I'm super happy about my skin condition right now. I'm also thankful that the rash did not leave any major scarring behind beside on the sides of my face. They'll probably fade after some time. I think drinking water really helped to speed up my skin's recovery, especially the scarring left by blemishes and the rash. This is because some of the blemish marks healed really fast without me having to use special creams. My pores also seem smaller! Is this the power of water~?


That's the end of this week's report on our progress! So far, it does seem like drinking 8 cups of water helped improve our skin condition. What do you think? Is it just us hoping that it's working or do you believe that it's true? Have you tried this out before? Tell us what you think in the comments section or tweet us @ChapalangGirls!

Remember to use #TCWBMED! :) Follow us on twitter @ChapalangGirls or like us on our Facebook page to keep track of our progress!

OH. BY THE WAY
We've decided to give you guys an overview of our thoughts on this water myth. As Christine will be overseas at the time of publishing this post, our overall post will be a little after 2 weeks! So stay tuned! :)
Till next time.
Love,
Christine & El xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...