cookieChoices = {}
Image Map

Friday 8 August 2014

Sunday Style Showdown | 9 August, National Day

Hello everyone!
Surprise! It's not Sunday yet but we thought we should have a special showdown to celebrate our country's National day! National day is actually on the 9th,but we're releasing this earlier so you can have an idea of what to wear to share in celebrating Singapore's 49th birthday! (Also, we're celebrating Christine's 22nd birthday :p)


The NATIONAL DAY Showdown
El Christine
red
red dress, edgy outfit, ootd, national day, sunday style showdown, white shoes, plus size fashion
It'll forever and ever be a red and white theme for National Day for me. They're two of my favourite colours that are both striking when worn alone and together. I like to keep the lines and pattern simple since the colours are so bold. Plus, the outfit is still cute but remains comfortable for me. Thus I combined a white crop tee and a textured red skater skirt to get a dressy but still casual look. For shoes, I picked my metallic silver kitten heels that reminds me of stars (cos it's a little shiny). They're a cute pair of heels that go with many outfits in my wardrobe (pretty comfy too). Talking about National Day, it's red and white of course! But, instead of wearing an outfit that matches the Singapore flag exactly, I've decided to go for a red dress while keeping my accessories in the white. This way, the outfit retains the essential Singapore colours minus the cliche-ness. A win-win situation, no? :)
In line with keeping things simple, I'm only accessorizing with this beautiful blue layered necklace. This is because the scoop neckline of the crop shirt leaves a neck looking very bare. I like that the necklace has intricate details but does not overpower the outfit. Accessorize with a mini Singapore flag ;) Keeping a touch of myself amidst all the girly-ness of the outfit with my skulls! Haha. I'd like to think that the spikey skull necklace adds an edge to the outfit while keeping to the white theme. Always remember to dress in what you're comfortable in and add a touch of your flair :D For me here, it's the skulls.
El's Outfit Details
Shirt and Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Zekko
Necklace: Overseas
Christine's outfit details
Dress: Forever 21
Shoes: Vanilla Suite
Necklace: Haji Lane
Rings: H&M / Topshop



What did y'all think of all the red and white? Hope you guys are inspired by this for the upcoming National Day!
Tell us your thoughts via these channels and don't forget to use #SSS!
1. Comment in the box below!
2. Tweet us your response @ChapalangGirls
3. Find us on Facebook @The Chapalang Way

Are you going to wear red & white for National Day too? Show us what you will wear on National Day on Instagram! Don't forget to tag us (Christine's and El's) and use #SSS!


HAPPY (EARLY) BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!!


Till next time
Love,
El and Christine xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...